Thursday, December 17, 2009

Those Things

Time is priceless. So are memories. Both are easily lost. An applicable Townes Van Zandt lyric from "To Live is to Fly" I love: "Livings mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine, but it never feels too good, so let's don't take too long". Wasting time is good, sometimes even great. It's not for everyone, especially those hellbent on being productive. When I say "wasted" time, I mean time devoted to doing nothing. It's not really wasted if its enjoyed, somewhat meaningful, and deliberate. Too much of anything doesn't feel so good, and I'd say I've had a bit too much as of late. It's that balance issue.


I find myself in the business of making lasting memories. Ones not remotely possible to forget. I also find myself in the business of perfect time allocation.


0 comments: