Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Major Lag/Back to Basics

So here I am, March 16, 2010 and not a whole hell of a lot has changed since the last time I scribbled a little ditty down. Still unemployed. Actively pursuing work. Decided to further my career in academia. Getting on that. I thought seriously about graphic design. I just don't think I want to go to school for a degree that is going to put me in front of a computer for however long I can stand it. Painting a picture in my head of my career twenty years from now. I can't see where or what I'm doing, but I know there's been an evolution. An evolution of ideas, concepts, activities, and routines culminating in a progressive path towards fulfillment and creating impact for those who care to feel it or notice. Why not start back at school in psychology. I feel it to be the perfect avenue for me to be me and to make the aforementioned mental picture reality.


Today I initiated into my life a daily creative system of exercises consisting of 5 minutes writing, 5 minutes drawing, 5 minutes of composing music in the vocal style, and 15 minutes of anything else creative or challenging I feel like subjecting myself to. I gotta keep it up. This is my livelihood. I can only imagine the wonderful things that could come out of this after doing it consistently for a while. As part of this daily creative, I also plan on jotting down a few ideas and introspections here at least a few times a week. It's not my job or anything...

Song of the day "Funky Boss" Beastie Boys

0 comments: