Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ram Bull

I never quite know what to say. Each day is different, bringing unique thoughts, feelings, and inspirations as fleeting as the days themselves. Thus far, I haven't had to look too far in coming up with material. Today is different. There are topics I plan on addressing that just don't fit in with now, so instead I guess I'll glance over some thoughts on expression and awareness.


Expression is an amazing practice, rewarding in itself, challenging, educating, and at the end of the day, relaxing. I don't necessarily know anything that may or may not be going on in this life or any other, but I do feel energy and the need to do what I can with it. When I ignore this energy, it seldom produces anything desirable. When I embrace and entertain it, I am, at the very least, presented with the satisfaction that honesty brings. This notion is what it comes down to: being in touch on a level that goes most easily ignored.

Expression is simple in theory, but in reality, like anything else, carries its own share of complexities. Even if the expressive actions themselves come without much effort, they still take along with them a chunk of personal spirit that is irreplaceable. For some, this spirit is understood to be regenerative. Others do not so easily part with this spirit. It is something kept close to the chest in fear of the unknown.

Comfort is an illusion. I say, do what feels right in accordance with your values (you don't have to listen to me). Most of us only get one ride in this rodeo. Numbers add up to nothing (Powderfinger). I try not to deliberately step on toes, but my feet are a little big, so naturally toes get in the way from time to time. I deal with it and move on. All we can do is keep ourselves in check. Another fear of mine is to wake up one morning and not recognize myself in the mirror. If I make it a daily task to see what's going on upstairs, the only surprises I'll get are the ones I can't help in the first place. As great as it is to escape from the familiar, you can never quite escape from yourself (ask me if you really need some examples). Might as well make it a cozy place to hang out.

It's really tough to do, and something I strive for everyday. Honk if you feel me.

0 comments: