Sunday, November 15, 2009

Injury Report

It's been quite the action-packed week. Monday night I attended La Bomba de Tiempo once again. Awesome performance. They had a guest appearance by a guy who first did a solo playing percussion all over his body, which was pretty amazing, and then was joined by the rest of the troupe while he played what seemed to be a PVC pipe xylophone of sorts with flip flops. Danced myself silly. Tuesday, I visited the Museo Xul Solar (2 different links). One of the most intricately designed buildings I've ever stepped foot in interiorly. Fascinating man who made fascinating works. Thursday evening, I was accompanied by Brian and Matt to the bar where we witnessed the 49ers take down the Bears and consumed some beverages. On the way home we decided to make a pit stop in Burger King. After placing my order I decided to use the restroom which was up a flight of stairs. On my ascent, I tripped on a stair and sprained my foot. Luckily it wasn't my ankle, yet had it been my ankle I'm sure it would've healed by now. It was swollen for a couple of days, but I think it should be back to full ability in a couple more. Friday night consisted of a housewarming party thrown by a couple of friends. Haven't been surrounded by that many US citizens since I left the country. Saturday was kept to a minimum, and we treated ourselves to the most delicious pizza I've had down here yet. Today I went to the other bar that plays NFL to watch the Vikings victory over the Lions. Just so happened they were offering a special brunch menu. Delighted to inform all of you that I devoured some delicious pancakes. A real treat.

0 comments: