Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Din Din, Zoo, and Injury Update

Tonight's dinner: bife de chorizo (top sirloin), grilled onions, baguette, and tomato, avocado, and onion salad all for 13 pesos (between $3-$4 US). Was so excited to devour the feast I had created that I only had the wherewithal to document it halfway through consumption. Probably the best meal I've made for myself thus far.

On a side note, today's activities included a trip to the zoo, where I was delighted to see all sorts of little creatures wandering about the park. Never quite got the scoop on what the names of these various animals were. One such creature resembled a large, semi-aquatic rat, fully-equipped with a disgustingly long rodent tail. Another looked like a small deer with a rabbit's head. The rest of the free-roaming creature population was composed of various birds, unless some other intriguingly unfamiliar organisms lurked in the shadows. Some other zoo highlights included urination of the rhinos (fire-hose force and capacity), unsightly baby baboons and their bright red behinds, and some kind of hairless anteater-type creature that I assume contracted an illness which resulted in full body hair loss (grotesque).

Also, my foot seems to be fully healed after only five days. Way to go foot!

0 comments: